Witcher III has commanded to much attention from gamers this year, you would think CD Projekt Red would just hang back and enjoy the limelight for a while. Nope.
They have recently announced details of their upcoming 1.07 patch, and what has become evident is that they listen closely to what their fans are saying and requesting. Hard to not crack a smile whenever these guys announce a game and reach over to that little PREORDER button where ever that maybe for you (Cyberpunk 2077 we are waiting for you with open arms). This patch will bring with it a couple of heavily requested items. As per CDR’s Update List:
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
Inventory management nightmares are coming to an end, so more focus on Witchering, what a relief! The trade off is that their DLC plans are postponed slightly to make room for this patch. I’ll take it all of the above first, and eagerly await DLC news for another day. If you haven’t yet picked up The Witcher III: Wild Hunt be sure to stock up on canned goods, water, shaving equipment, a tin pot for your necessities for about a 60 day supply, you won’t need any sunblock because you will not be leaving your house during that time period. The Witcher III is available directly from CDR on their gog.com site or on Steam.