Publisher Electronic Arts and developer DICE released news of some interesting changes for Star Wars Battlefront, simply titled “The Road Ahead”. Due to user feedback, the Battlefront team has announced several free content updates for the game starting tomorrow. Tomorrow’s update will bring:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
February and March will also bring expansions to Walker Assault, and current modes, and other additional content. While the Season Pass will offer entirely new worlds (Bespin and Death Star maps announced), modes, and heroes, players will always appreciate doses of free content for their investment. Free and regular content updates was high on user comments, however so was additional tactical depth, it will be interesting to see how close to heart DICE will take user feedback.